Ep. 225 – 5 Financial Planning Topics That Need to Be Discussed Annually
In this Episode of the Secure Your Retirement Podcast, Radon and Murs discuss five financial planning things to do annually. It is preferable to do these things in or closer to the last quarter of the year, which allows you time to correct whatever needs correcting.
Listen in to learn about things to consider when doing tax strategy and planning before the end of the year to enable changes. You will also learn the importance of having a Medicare and healthcare planning, year-end investment review, estate planning update, and reviewing your RMDs.
In this episode, find out:
- Tax planning – things to consider when doing tax strategy and planning before the end of the year.
- Required Minimum Distributions – understand what RMDs are and make sure it’s taken care of.
- Medicare and healthcare planning – review your options and benefits and make changes if needed.
- Year-end investment review – look at how your investments are set to be aware of any risks and potential changes.
- Estate planning update – to ensure everything is done properly and update any changes.
- “It’s a good exercise always to be looking at your investment portfolio; it’s set up to keep you aware of what’s going on and whether there are changes that need to be made.”– Murs Tariq
- “Keep in mind that an estate planning update is a good thing to go through and see if everything is done properly and then do an update.”– Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
Here’s the full transcript: