Ep. 38 – Annuities – Why Ever Use Them – Part 4
How does a fixed index annuity grow my money risk-free?
As you approach retirement, you might become increasingly risk-averse with your money. Often this means accepting lower rates of return in exchange for guaranteed money safety. But fixed index annuities can provide a good solution for those still seeking higher returns but who don’t want any risk.
This is the fourth installment in our “Annuities – Why Ever Use Them” series, so if you’ve missed parts 1, 2, or 3, please scroll down and click the links to listen to the previous episodes.
In this podcast episode, we detail how insurance companies manage fixed index annuities and break down how they earn interest, so you can understand how this product could benefit you.
In this episode find out:
- A brief recap of the different types of annuity
- How fixed index funds earn interest, and how caps protect against market volatility
- How insurance companies guarantee your principal risk-free
- Why we recommend adding a fixed index annuity to your retirement portfolio
“Fixed index annuities can have a place within our portfolio when it comes to planning for retirement” – Radon Stancil
“If you’re in the fixed indexed annuity environment, the worst you can do in an annual reset period is earn zero” – Murs Tariq
Important Links & Mentions:
- Part 1 – Annuities – Why Ever Use Them
- Part 2 – Annuities – Why Ever Use Them
- Part 3 – Fixed Annuities – Everything You Need to Know
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.