Ep. 57 – Ashley Liu Kirkman – Fit and Healthy in Retirement
As our bodies age, we can face increasing mobility challenges. Movements and exercises that were once familiar to you might now be less accessible.
Keeping your body mobile is a key part of ensuring a happy and healthy retirement. But how can we incorporate more movement into our daily lives when so many of us live a sedentary lifestyle?
To find out more about embracing movement and wellness over the age of 55, we invited fitness expert Ashley Liu Kirkman to join us in this episode. She shares lots of tips on how to stay active in retirement, reduce your mobility issues, and keep your health at its best.
In this episode, find out:
- How Ashley balances a corporate career and her ‘fun’ fitness career
- What fitness goals you should aim for if you’re 55 or older
- Why you should embrace movement – not necessarily exercise
- How to incorporate more movement into your daily life
- The pros and cons of using wearable tech for monitoring your activity
- Why you should listen to your body to prevent injury
- What you should and shouldn’t do to increase your mobility
- How to adjust impact and intensity for your body
- Tips for introducing out-of-the-box movement into your day
“Transition the thought of exercise to movement.” – Ashley Liu Kirkman
“‘No pain, no gain’ does not make any sense. Being in tune with your body makes all good sense.” – Ashley Liu Kirkman
Important Links & Mentions:
If you’re enjoying the Secure Your Retirement podcast, please do leave us a 5-star rating and written review. We love hearing what you think and use your reviews to help us create future episodes. So, whether there’s a topic you’d like to hear us discuss or if you’re a loyal listener, let us know in your review.
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.