Ep. 63 – Dr. Amy D’Aprix – Navigating Life’s Changes
How prepared are you to navigate life’s challenges as you transition into retirement?
Moving into this new phase of life is an exciting time. You might be ready to say goodbye to working and your old routine, but you also need to consider what awaits you on the other side.
When it comes to preparing for retirement, most people think only about the financial side. In reality, retirement is far more than finances – it’s an entire lifestyle overhaul. To talk to us about managing this transition, we invited Dr. Amy D’Aprix to join us in this Secure Your Retirement episode.
Dr. Amy is an author, speaker, and a trusted advisor, helping people navigate life’s challenges. In our discussion, she shared the key things you need to plan before retirement and why you need to think beyond those big retirement dreams to create a life you love every day.
In this episode, find out:
- How Amy’s career developed into working with life transitions
- What the “chapters within retirement” are
- The differences between early, mid, and late retirement
- How to create a life that you can fall in love with
- Why we need to evolve the traditional idea of retirement
- How to find purpose and meaning in new chapters of your life
- Why you should invest in your relationships
- Why housing and health are important factors to consider in retirement
“You want to continue to grow and evolve your life right until the day you die.” – Dr. Amy D’Aprix
“Contribution and connection. Two key things you need to have in order to have a life purpose and meaning.” – Dr. Amy D’Aprix
Important Links & Mentions:
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.