Ep. 65 – Andrew Opdyke – The Economy After The First Quarter 2021
The markets got off to a strong start this year, but is this growth set to continue?
As the economy slowly starts to rise from the ashes of the pandemic, 2021’s forecast looks good – even despite some potential obstacles along the way. With inflation, stimulus packages, and government bills all hot topics in the media right now, we asked Andrew Opdyke to share his thoughts.
Andrew is a Certified Financial Advisor, Economist at First Trust Advisors, and a returning guest on the Secure Your Retirement podcast. Listen in as he reveals his expectations about how the markets and economy will develop over the next quarter and beyond.
In this episode find out:
- Andrew’s thoughts on the economic and market performance of 2021 so far
- The stimulus accelerated spending effect
- How inflation could impact the next quarter
- When the proposed infrastructure bill may impact the economy
- Andrew’s expectations for 2021’s second quarter
- Why Andrew is paying close attention to inflation and COVID-19 variants
- Andrew’s personal and economic forecast for the rest of 2021
“From an economic perspective, reopening is the best possible stimulus we could ask for.” – Andrew Opdyke
“Uncertainty is going to remain with us.” – Andrew Opdyke
Important Links & Mentions
- Andrew Opdyke – The Economic Outlook For 2021
- Andrew Opdyke – Does the Economy Impact Your Retirement?
- Andrew’s LinkedIn
- Peace of Mind Wealth Management blog
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.