Ep. 78 – What is an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)?
Have you heard of the Exchange Traded Fund or an EFT?
An ETF is a stock of stocks but is bought and sold like an individual stock. It is a valuable, efficient, and evolving investment method to consider as part of your retirement plan. You might be asking yourself ‘what makes an ETF that attractive?’ or ‘what is the difference between an ETF and other investment methods?’
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we talk about the advantages of the Exchange Traded Fund and its difference from a mutual fund. We share the different types of ETFs we’ve invested in and our experience so far.
In this episode, find out:
- Understanding an Exchange Traded Fund and how it works.
- Understanding mutual funds and their difference from the ETF.
- How an ETF allows investment diversification.
- The efficiency of an ETF over a mutual fund.
- The advantages of ETFs and the different directions you can go with them as stocks.
- “If the ETF is actively managed, then it’s going to have a little bit higher fees than a passive ETF.”– Radon Stancil
- “If you can imagine the world of the stock market, you can get whatever you want with the ETF world.” – Murs Tariq
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.