Ep. 90 – How Do I Break Up with My Current Advisor?
Do you want to break up with your advisor, but you have no idea how to approach it? Breaking up with your advisor is not unusual, and there are different reasons why it can happen.
It is important to keep in mind that no matter how long the relationship with your advisor has lasted, it is your money, and you have the right to do what is right.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we talk about the reasons why you may want to break up with your advisor and what to look for in the next one. We cover the importance of involving a holistic advisor to help you manage your retirement plan.
In this episode, find out:
- The importance of doing what’s right for you and being comfortable with your advisor.
- How life changes can drive you to want to change your advisor.
- The advisor may change their philosophy to what doesn’t align with you.
- A few more reasons why you may want to break up with your advisor.
- How to look for an advisor who is a good communicator.
- Look for a specialist advisor when you’re nearing retirement.
- Ensure that you and the advisor have a good mesh of personality.
- Find an advisor whose opinions align with your investment goals.
- Why you should find a holistic advisor who helps you with more than just a financial plan.
- How to make the process of breaking up very simple without overexplaining.
- Why you don’t need to communicate with your advisor before breaking up with them.
- “If your advisor isn’t going to adapt to your life changes, maybe it’s time to find another advisor.”– Murs Tariq
- “If you’re close to or in retirement, you should work with somebody who focuses on that as a part of their practice.”– Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.