Ep. 92 – What Is the Process to Move from One Advisor to Another?
Now that you have decided to change your advisor, how then do you move to the next one? Moving from one advisor to another is a simple paperwork process that only takes days to be completed.
You can move from one advisor to another within the same custodian, or you can move from both an advisor and a custodian at the same time.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we explain the processes of moving advisors and or both advisors and custodians. We also explain why your retirement planning investment won’t change in the moving process, plus the time it will take to complete the transfer.
In this episode, find out:
- Recapping episode 90- why you would want to leave your original advisor.
- The simple process of transferring your account from one advisor to the next within the same custodian.
- The process of transferring your account and your advisor at the same time.
- The paperwork process involved when moving your account from one custodian to the other.
- Understanding that your investments won’t change as you move accounts or advisors.
- How it works when transferring a 401(k) to a traditional IRA.
- The same process applies if you manage your own money.
- “The transfer process of getting the securities from one custodian to another typically takes about 7-10 business days, which is standard across the financial world.”- Murs Tariq
- “You’re in control; you’re the owner of the account, so you don’t need to tell the current advisor you’re moving.”- Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.