Ep. 94 -Tax Strategies for Non-IRA Brokerage Accounts
How does tax affect your non-IRA brokerage accounts? What if we told you that there’s a clean and better way for you to get tax deferral on your capital gains?
A strategy that works at a low cost and that gets rid of the annoying short-term capital gain problem. This strategy is by use of the variable annuity, which even though we have stated has more negatives than positives, in this case, is highly beneficial for your capital gains.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we explain how you can get tax-deferred growth on your capital gains through a variable annuity. Listen in to learn how to smartly alleviate tax pain on your retirement plan strategy held in your non-IRA brokerage account.
In this episode, find out:
· How a brokerage (non-qualified) account is taxed by dividends or interests sitting in cash.
· Getting taxed through short-term capital gains at your ordinary income level.
· The favorable long-term capital gain in a different tax category.
· How to get tax-deferred growth on your capital gains through a variable annuity.
· The huge positive of using a variable annuity for tax deferral even with its many negatives.
· “The act of selling a stock in a brokerage account, that is what is going to generate the taxable gain.”– Murs Tariq
· “If I have a significant loss, that is far worse sometimes than paying the tax.”– Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.