Wine Down – The Economy – Medicare – Taxes
We’re very excited to bring you this special episode of our Wine Down Show from the Secure Your Retirement podcast. We sit down with real individuals and listeners of the podcast to talk about multiple topics from previous episodes… all while enjoying a glass of wine! What can be better than that?
In this episode, we started with two special guests, Lynn Senior and Fran Martin, but due to technical difficulties, Lynn was unable to join us for a large part of the conversation. Nonetheless, Fran took the torch and led the way in what has been one of my favorite episodes of the Wine Down Show so far.
We discuss everything from Medicare to navigating taxes, transitioning from corporate to self-employed (and semi-retirement), and Fran shares some wise words that she would tell her 20-year-old self. It’s a wonderful conversation packed with beneficial insights that will help anyone who is in retirement or preparing to make that transition very soon.
So, let’s take some time to sit down with a glass of wine (or beverage of your choice) and listen to some fantastic insights.
In this episode, find out:
- Why recent events in the world have made Fran want to discuss finances and money management with her family
- The limitations of 401(k) and asset allocation
- What Fran thinks about Medicare and why she finds it so confusing to navigate
- What Fran’s overall experience was like when she signed up for Medicare
- Why you should seek guidance for Medicare as you approach 65
- What Fran learned about taxes from our interview with Tom Turner
- How a CPA can help you save money on taxes
- What Fran wishes she did differently in her early 20’s knowing what she knows now
- Transitioning from a corporate role to self-employed and semi-retired
“I think it’s a great thing to have someone help you navigate Medicare.”
“I have my own business now, and I’m retired too. So, the tax CPA that I use is really helping me to invest some of that money and put it into retirement.”
“Pay attention to money management because it makes a difference.”
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to email@example.com.